So whether you have children or not, you came from someone, somewhere and your efforts will make a difference to and be appreciated by someone, sometime.
But we all know that life gets busy. We get distracted. We forget about things that are not pressing and then 10 years later we think, “Why didn’t I do that?” There will be times when you just get too busy. Other times you’ll be waiting for a picture from a relative and time seems to grind to a stop. Then you put it aside and forget. Here are a few ways to keep it going:
1. Choose a time to work at this each week. Even a half hour will really make a huge difference by the end of a year.
- Use a dry erase marker on your bathroom mirror and don’t erase it until you’ve spent your allotted time on your family history.Set a reminder on your phone for your allotted time.
- Put it on your desk calendar or outlook calendar or kitchen calendar or…
- Send yourself an email and don’t erase it until you feel you are back on track
- Put a Post-it note on the refrigerator or your coffee cup.
- Make it your screen saver.
Whatever works for you to remember to work just a few minutes until you feel refocused and rededicated.